The beautiful sunny coastal climate during
August is a major draw card for thousands
of southern state and international visitors escaping the cold every year.
The climate on the Tweed/Gold Coast is sub-tropical with 287 days of sunshine
The Tweed/Gold Coast region has a wide variety of natural and built attractions
• 70 kilometres of beaches with an average water temperature of 22 degrees.
• Large broadwater and river systems.
• Major shopping centres, specialty shops and markets.
• Hundreds of restaurants and cafes offering cuisine from around the world.
• Theme parks including Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World, Dreamworld as
well as several wildlife parks such as Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary.
• Rural hinterland encompassing tropical rainforests and wetlands.
• World class sporting and recreational facilities.
• A huge range of accommodation from five-star international resorts to camping
The region has a successful track record in hosting major international events such
as the Asia Pacific Masters Games; The Australian Surf Life Saving Championships;
The Lexmark Indy 300; Gold Coast Marathon; the Conrad Jupiters Magic Millions
Horse Racing Carnival, Wintersun Festival, and many